Welcome to the FC Charles Travel Program!
The FC Charles travel program provides an environment for youth to play competitive soccer for those who are interested in a higher level of play. Coaches for these teams focus on skill development in the early years and tactical abilities in the later years. FC Charles aims to develop each player so that they improve from year to year and encourages them to strive for their true potential. Players are expected to work hard, be coachable, and demonstrate commitment to themselves, their team, and FC Charles.
Annual evaluations occur in the May-June timeframe for all teams with players at the age of U9 through U19. Supplemental evaluations will be held during other times of the year based on need at the coach’s discretion.
What to Expect
- Teams form for an entire seasonal year.
- High-quality training with highly qualified coaches.
- Most coaches hold a USSF license.
- Most teams train 2 times per week for 1 1/2 hours per session.
- Teams participate in league play (e.g. NCSL and EDP).
- Games are held on Saturdays and Sundays
- There are typically 7 - 9 games each season, with half played at home field locations and half played at away locations.
- The majority of away games are less than a 2-hour drive from Charles County.
- Distance of away games may increase based on the team's level of play.
- Generally, teams participate in 1-3 tournaments per season.
- Tournaments usually have 3-4 games over a weekend.
- Numerous tournaments are held in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
- Some teams may travel further for additional select tournaments.
- Fall season – Mid-August through mid-November – two tournaments, league
- Winter season – January through February – Outdoor league or Futsal
- Spring season – Mid-March through mid-June – two tournaments, league
Fees and Registration
- Player fees are determined annually by the club. Fees are determined by numerous factors. The normal expenses covered typically include club admin fees, registration fees, coach license level, league fees, and tournament fees. Additional costs for private turf rental, referee fees, special training events, equipment, and team administrative costs are other expenses that can also influence fees.
- Registration for FC Charles Travel players is by invitation only. FC Charles will communicate to selected players via email to register with both the club and Maryland State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA) registration.
- Travel teams can hold fundraising activities to help offset team expenses.
- FC Charles Travel uniforms cost approximately $120 which includes home and away kits (jersey, shorts, and socks).
- Need-based financial aid is available through our Scholarship Program.
While participating on an FC Charles Travel team requires a greater commitment, it is achievable and can be extremely rewarding!
For questions, contact FC Charles at email@example.com